Insurance Info

You have prepaid for accident and illness insurance which exceeds the Department of State regulations.

Your insurance covers accidents and/illness (not pre-existing - previous 36 months - medical conditions).

Your insurance, Overseas Travel Medical Plan, is administered by:


You can find a benefit guide here.

For a list of doctors and clinics who fully accept your insurance (“providers”):

1.   Visit:
2.    Enter your zip code (or City/State)
3.    Use the search bar or one the search boxes below
(“Family Practice/Internal” are the terms used to describe a general doctor.  This is a good choice if you have something simple … like a sore throat, a slight rash, an upset stomach, etc.)

You must pay $75 (“co-payment”) per illness/accident to a doctor or walk-in clinic.  If you must return for a follow-up visit, you do NOT pay another co-payment.

You must pay $250 per visit to an Emergency Room if the doctor does NOT “admit” you to the hospital.  “ADMIT” means you are ill/injured enough that an overnight (or more) hospital stay is required.

You are NOT required to seek care with a “preferred provider.”  In fact, some areas where participants are placed have no near-by preferred providers.  In this case, you will likely be required to pay at the time of services … so you will submit the claim/receipts and the insurance company will send you a check for reimbursement.  If you seek care from a doctor who does not accept your insurance, you will be required to pay all charges above those deemed “reasonable and customary” by the insurance company.

You have very limited dental coverage (maximum of $500).  This includes accidents to healthy teeth (not including tooth damage to eating or biting into a foreign object – example:  fork) and alleviation of pain.  You have limited coverage for mental health (see brochure for details). 

You ARE required to submit a “CLAIM FORM” to the insurance company for each illness/accident.  This allows the insurance company to pay claims (the bills) sent by the doctor.   You may submit a Claim Form by mail/fax/email.  This information is on the Claim Form.  You may print a claim form here (You need to use the Medical Claim form in the Travel Medical Claim section.)

You are 100% covered for prescription medicines.  However, you may have to pay, submit bills, and wait for reimbursement.

Thirty Day Grace Period

If you are staying in the U.S. during the Department of State granted 30 day grace period, which begins after your program end date (as stated on your DS 2019), you MUST purchase additional insurance. If you are staying 1 day to 14 days past your program end date, the cost is $30. If you are staying 15 days to 30 days past your program end date, the cost is $60.  Payment must be sent to DGE to extend your insurance.

Mail check or money order, payable to "Dynamic Global Exchange":

Dynamic Global Exchange

30725 River Crossing

Bingham Farms, MI 48025